Sunday, November 20, 2011

All about the General

The General is a tease. 
 He's 18 months old today.

(Sorry this post is really disorganized in appearance. At least I'm posting!)

The General doesn't say much.  He did say "nana" the other day when he wanted a banana.  Usually he just uses, "Mama mama mammma!" with various inflections from sweet to musical to shrill that mean different things. One thing's for sure, he's on his way to live up to that name we gave him: even without using words, he lets you know what he wants and what he thinks.  He'll probably smile while he's bossing others around because he's certainly the happiest baby I've had.

Or he might sing at them.  We attended a local production of Savior of the World yesterday, and throughout the musical numbers, he would stand on my lap and rock back and forth, and when they weren't singing, he hummed a rough version of his favorite of the songs, "Come, Lord Jesus, Come."  He sings himself to sleep, he walks around the house humming, he mimics notes I give him.  The point is, I can usually tell what he's trying to sing, and for an 18 month old who doesn't speak, I think he's rock-awesome.


The General LOVES shoes.
The General loves wearing jackets, or pjs.
The General loves clothes and shoes.  Want to make him happy?  Ask him to bring you socks and then shoes. He always knows where they are.



 





Trying to wear one of my shirts.
He loves to wear jackets and try on other things over his clothes, like his pjs or my shirt, for example.


















While wearing these wax lips, all he wanted to do was kiss.
He's a Mama's boy.  I took a two hour nap this morning, and when he saw me afterwards, he did a little "happy to see Mama" dance.  It made me feel special.  He also likes to give me kisses.





He loves hammers and mallets.




I allow him to help me with my projects.  He loves hammers.  He'll walk around hammering everything with that rubber mallet I have.



One thing's certain, I love this little boy.  He brings so much joy to our family.








And now for some random pictures I can't move around for some reason. . . .

On his way to church.
Blueberry oatmeal is a favorite around here.
 

He speared that apple by himself.
One of his three blankets he can't live without. 
He was Mario for Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute!!! Oh my goodness, time goes fast. I love the picture with the wax lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jer, I'm so happy to see these new pictures!! Thanks for sharing your handsome and noble child with us. I'm missing all three of the Fisher kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a boy!! He looks so much like JB too!

    ReplyDelete