Wednesday, June 22, 2011
After her ballet recital (she was part of the Magical Garden in Alice in Wonderland), we got her an icecream cone-- she picked the size and flavors at Baskin Robbins, and of course it ended up being way bigger than she could eat! I love the Colonel Sanders moustache-thingy going on. :)
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Age 27 has been a year of maturation. Here are a few things I've discovered this year:
|After I had some veins surgically embolized. The Captain told me to look concerned.|
- It's not okay to yell at those I love most.
- There are things worth saving up to buy. I'm really tired of not having a bedroom set handed to me. Time to take this matter into my own hands!
- My children will not always be little. I've decided to make smiley-face sandwiches for them.
- I'm now more prepared to be disappointed by those I admire the most.
- Just because I look up to someone doesn't mean they like me.
- I choose to accept said people as human.
- I choose to let go of the hurt. *Breath in* Goodbye bitter feelings! *Breath out*
- Positive affirmations work. I love how I feel when I eat lots of fruit and vegetables!
- It's harder than I expected to glean through the many drawings my kids make.
- It's easier to gain weight than it was before I got pregnant two years ago, and I'm not as flexible as I was then, either!
- I choose how I feel. I choose not to feel angry.
- Counting to ten and holding my breath works to calm me down when I'm angry, but then everyone will ask me why I've burst a vessell in my eye.
- I'm not very good at listening and understanding. It's really important that I improve.
- I can't learn French if I don't try.
- It's worth doing the six dirty dishes in the sink.
- I love any food I don't have to make.
- My free time is less about entertaining myself than about doing something I love, like sewing, knitting, or writing.
- If I don't use my talents, I will lose them. Slow and steady wins the race!
- If I want to keep my friends, I need to call them just for the heck of it.
- It's time I start taking charge and planning outings and activities with friends.
- I want to sleep more.